Connecticut thief goes bananas in wee-hours fruit filch
Photo by Steve Hopson
As in banana peel, which is what the determined burglar in Connecticut left behind after repeatedly backing his station wagon through the door of a closed convenience store until he could get in and get the goods:
“The suspect selected a banana from a shelf, peeled and ate the fruit, and then exited the store,” says a Newington, Connecticut, police statement on the early Wednesday-morning theft.
“No other items were taken during the burglary.”
The apparently satiated suspect, who made no attempt to disguise his identity from security cameras, fed and fled before cops in the community just outside Hartford could get to the scene.
Police were seeking a man caught in security photos calmly enjoying a banana. One banana.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified