“Black swell” attracts big wave surfers to European coasts
The series of low pressure systems in the Atlantic that have caused storms in the UK have led to big waves off the coast of Ireland, according to a report from BBC News.
Mullaghmore Head, in Sligo in the north-west of Ireland is “reckoned to be the best spot in Europe at the moment for professional surfers,” according to the report.
Surfers went out amidst the storm on Tuesday to ride the giant “black swell” BBC reports.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom