“Black swell” attracts big wave surfers to European coasts
The series of low pressure systems in the Atlantic that have caused storms in the UK have led to big waves off the coast of Ireland, according to a report from BBC News.
Mullaghmore Head, in Sligo in the north-west of Ireland is “reckoned to be the best spot in Europe at the moment for professional surfers,” according to the report.
Surfers went out amidst the storm on Tuesday to ride the giant “black swell” BBC reports.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call