Woman’s boss selling restaurant to help pay her medical bills
Montgomery, Tex. – Brittany Mathis doesn’t appear sick to the average customer that walks through the doors of Kaiserhof Restaurant and Wundebar. But the waitress recently went to the hospital because of a rash on her leg, which turned out to be blood clotting. After a series of tests, doctors discovered a brain tumor. That’s all according to TV station KHOU via Fox4KC.com.
Mathis doesn’t have health insurance and hasn’t signed up for coverage under the Affordable Care Act, according to KHOU, but someone has come to her side to help with her medical bills: her boss.
“Here’s a family, they really work hard, they have a lot of stuff against them in the past and they are not holding their hand open. They didn’t even ask anybody for help,” says her boss, Michael De Beyer.
KHOU says De Beyer has owned the restaurant for the past 17 years, and “couldn’t sit idly by.”
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call