Woman’s boss selling restaurant to help pay her medical bills
Montgomery, Tex. – Brittany Mathis doesn’t appear sick to the average customer that walks through the doors of Kaiserhof Restaurant and Wundebar. But the waitress recently went to the hospital because of a rash on her leg, which turned out to be blood clotting. After a series of tests, doctors discovered a brain tumor. That’s all according to TV station KHOU via Fox4KC.com.
Mathis doesn’t have health insurance and hasn’t signed up for coverage under the Affordable Care Act, according to KHOU, but someone has come to her side to help with her medical bills: her boss.
“Here’s a family, they really work hard, they have a lot of stuff against them in the past and they are not holding their hand open. They didn’t even ask anybody for help,” says her boss, Michael De Beyer.
KHOU says De Beyer has owned the restaurant for the past 17 years, and “couldn’t sit idly by.”
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study