UPDATE: About 100 customers without power in Virginia Beach
UPDATE: About 100 people are still without power in Virginia Beach. Click here to view the Dominion Electric Outage Map.
Virginia Beach, Virginia – Malfunctioning equipment on North Lynnhaven Road near Mustang Trail left 4,500 people in the Lynnhaven area without power around 4:30am Wednesday, according to a Dominion Power spokesperson.
Dominion workers restored power to about half of those people shortly after 5:00am by switching them to an alternate feed.
Crews were able to repair the equipment and the rest of the customers were restored around 6:00am.
Around the same time customers in the Lynnhaven area were restored, crews responded to the Sandbridge area where 873 people lost power.
Dominion has not named a cause for the second outage.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen