UPDATE: About 100 customers without power in Virginia Beach
UPDATE: About 100 people are still without power in Virginia Beach. Click here to view the Dominion Electric Outage Map.
Virginia Beach, Virginia – Malfunctioning equipment on North Lynnhaven Road near Mustang Trail left 4,500 people in the Lynnhaven area without power around 4:30am Wednesday, according to a Dominion Power spokesperson.
Dominion workers restored power to about half of those people shortly after 5:00am by switching them to an alternate feed.
Crews were able to repair the equipment and the rest of the customers were restored around 6:00am.
Around the same time customers in the Lynnhaven area were restored, crews responded to the Sandbridge area where 873 people lost power.
Dominion has not named a cause for the second outage.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations