UPDATE: About 100 customers without power in Virginia Beach
UPDATE: About 100 people are still without power in Virginia Beach. Click here to view the Dominion Electric Outage Map.
Virginia Beach, Virginia – Malfunctioning equipment on North Lynnhaven Road near Mustang Trail left 4,500 people in the Lynnhaven area without power around 4:30am Wednesday, according to a Dominion Power spokesperson.
Dominion workers restored power to about half of those people shortly after 5:00am by switching them to an alternate feed.
Crews were able to repair the equipment and the rest of the customers were restored around 6:00am.
Around the same time customers in the Lynnhaven area were restored, crews responded to the Sandbridge area where 873 people lost power.
Dominion has not named a cause for the second outage.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’