UPDATE: Carrsville Elementary School to resume as usual on Thursday
UPDATE: According to Isle of Wight County officials, the frozen pipe issue will be resolved soon; school will resume as usual on Thursday, January 9, 2014. Principal Matthews will be updating parents with the information as well. Stay tuned for updates.
Isle of Wight Co., Va. – Carrsville Elementary School is currently without running water due to a frozen pipe in the Carrsville area of the county. Students will be released at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, January 8, 2014.
Lunch is still being provided and buses will arrive at 1 p.m. to transport all normal bus riders, according to Kenita Bowers of Isle of Wight County Schools.
The Isle of Wight County Schools Facilities Department is working with the county to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.
At this time, officials are unable to determine whether or not school will be open tomorrow, January 9 so parents are encouraged to stay tuned to the Connect 5 messaging system and the school’s website for any updates.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time