UPDATE: Carrsville Elementary School to resume as usual on Thursday
UPDATE: According to Isle of Wight County officials, the frozen pipe issue will be resolved soon; school will resume as usual on Thursday, January 9, 2014. Principal Matthews will be updating parents with the information as well. Stay tuned for updates.
Isle of Wight Co., Va. – Carrsville Elementary School is currently without running water due to a frozen pipe in the Carrsville area of the county. Students will be released at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, January 8, 2014.
Lunch is still being provided and buses will arrive at 1 p.m. to transport all normal bus riders, according to Kenita Bowers of Isle of Wight County Schools.
The Isle of Wight County Schools Facilities Department is working with the county to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.
At this time, officials are unable to determine whether or not school will be open tomorrow, January 9 so parents are encouraged to stay tuned to the Connect 5 messaging system and the school’s website for any updates.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship