Driver injured after crashing SUV into Norfolk home
Norfolk, Va. – A vehicle has crashed into a home in the 1500 block of Wilson Road in Norfolk, according to Norfolk Police.
The front of the house completely caved in from the impact.
It happened just before 7 a.m. Tuesday as Donald Sanders was inside getting ready to start his day.
“And, next thing I heard was a loud boom then a crash and I was just like what in the world was that?”
Sanders and his two cousins live in the home. They’re all okay.
Norfolk police say the driver of the SUV was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital via ambulance with minor injuries.
They say the driver tried to change lanes, but couldn’t. As the car next to him sped up, he ran out of roadway. And, drove right into the house.
“I opened the front door and what do I see? That,” Sanders said gesturing to the damage. “Then, I looked out the other window and I saw that my cousin’s car got hit and then I saw that car. I was like, ‘Oh boy here we go,” he said laughing.
This is the second time in a few months that something like this has happened. NewsChannel 3 was there in September when a car crashed into the back of the home during a police chase.
“It’s just a crazy coincidence that’s all,” said Sanders.
Police say the house has been deemed uninhabitable.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found