Father and Son Duo
Today we honor a father and son.
We begin with dad: he is retired Chief Master Sergeant James Hopkins.
He joined the US Air Force in 1971.
One of his many assignments included Norad inspector general at Peterson Air Force Base.
He also served as a career field functional manager at Langley Air Combat Command headquarters from 1995-2001. He retired in 2001 after 30 years of service.
Next, we honor his son, Technical Sergeant Willie Davis.
He served 13 years in the Air Force.
He started his career as a jet engine mechanic and cross trained to career field functional manager, following in his father’s footsteps.
He and his father were briefly stationed together at Langley Air Force Base.
Sadly, Technical Sergeant Davis was killed in a motorcycle accident while stationed at Hickman Air Force base in Hawaii in 2009.
Newschannel three thanks both of them for their service.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery