Update: Victims identified in fatal two vehicle crash
UPDATE: VA State Police have identified the victims of the fatal two vehicle crash. The driver of the 2004 Grand Am was 65 year old Lincoln George of the 400 block of Zion Church Road in Emporia, Virginia. The passenger in this vehicle was 56 year old Shirley Sutherland of Brooklyn, New York. Officials have notified their respective families.
Greensville County, Va – VA State Trooper E. Drummond responded to a call of a two vehicle accident at the intersection of Moores Ferry Road and Route 301 at 12:44PM this afternoon.
A 2004 Pontiac Grand Am failed to stop at the intersection and collided with a 2000 Dodge Ram that was traveling southbound on Route 301. The driver and passenger of the Grand Am were fatally injured as a result of this accident.
No word on the current health of the driver of the Dodge Ram. Officials have ruled that alcohol was not a factor in this accident and seat belts were worn.
The accident is still under investigation. Stay with NewsChannel 3 as we bring you more on this developing story.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car