Four escape early morning fire in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Firefighters put out a house fire in the Haygood section of Virginia Beach early Friday morning.
The call came in around 3:20, once units arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the home. Two women and two children were inside at the time of the fire.
The women were alerted by the smoke detector, grabbed the kids and escaped without injury.
The cause of the fire is under investigation but firefighters say it appears to be accidental. The American Red Cross and relatives are helping the family with lodging.
Mother told me all that matters is that everyone is OK, smoke detector went off and they all got out—
Darragh Copley (@DarraghatWTKR) December 20, 2013
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'