Four escape early morning fire in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Firefighters put out a house fire in the Haygood section of Virginia Beach early Friday morning.
The call came in around 3:20, once units arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the home. Two women and two children were inside at the time of the fire.
The women were alerted by the smoke detector, grabbed the kids and escaped without injury.
The cause of the fire is under investigation but firefighters say it appears to be accidental. The American Red Cross and relatives are helping the family with lodging.
Mother told me all that matters is that everyone is OK, smoke detector went off and they all got out—
Darragh Copley (@DarraghatWTKR) December 20, 2013
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial