Update: Bodies of two men found in Oceanfront hotel identified
Update: Police have identified the two men found in Comfort Inn on Atlantic Ave. as 31-year-old Lenny McDannell of New Castle, Delaware and 32-year-old Joshua Zettles of Virginia Beach.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police in Virginia Beach are now investigating after two men were found dead inside of a hotel room on the Oceanfront Thursday afternoon.
Emergency officials were notified about the incident at around 1:23 p.m.
Police say the cleaning crew at the Comfort Inn on 2321 Atlantic Avenue went to check on a room on the 5th floor. A person was supposed to check out at 11 a.m. but failed to do so. They knocked on the door at 1:20 p.m. but no one answered. When they finally entered the room, that’s when they found the two men dead inside.
NewsChannel 3 has learned that this case is being investigated as a homicide. Blood was found inside of the room.
Police are not saying whether there are any signs of forced entry or if there was a weapon inside of the room.
There is no suspect information right now.
Police have not released any other details about this investigation.
NewsChannel 3 will continue to post more updates as we learn more.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home