GY SGT George Moscopulos
Today we honor Gunnery Sergeant George Moscopulos.
He joined the Marine Corps when he was just 17 years old.
He served in World War II and the Korean War.
After serving in the Marine Corps he joined the reserves.
During that time he also worked as a firefighter for the city of Norfolk — a job he held for 25 years. Newschannel three thanks him for his service.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship