GY SGT George Moscopulos
Today we honor Gunnery Sergeant George Moscopulos.
He joined the Marine Corps when he was just 17 years old.
He served in World War II and the Korean War.
After serving in the Marine Corps he joined the reserves.
During that time he also worked as a firefighter for the city of Norfolk — a job he held for 25 years. Newschannel three thanks him for his service.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel