Child sexual predator arrested by US Marshals
The United States Marshal for the Eastern District of Virginia has announced the capture of Richard “Andy” Barnett.
Barnett was wanted out of Norfolk for taking indecent liberties with a child, animate object sexual penetration of a child and aggravated sexual battery of a victim under 13. The crimes are alleged to have happened sometime in 2008-2010.
Barnett was arrested in Long Beach, California on Tuesday by US Marshals from the Pacific Southwest Regional Fugitive Task Force after an exhaustive investigation. He’s currently being housed at the Long Beach City Jail awaiting extradition back to Virginia.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel