Rt. 58 eastbound in Suffolk opens after crash
Suffolk Police say a crash involving two vehicles closed Route 58 eastbound for over an hour on Monday morning.
The crash was reported at 11:15 a.m. in the eastbound lanes near Chappell Drive.
Injuries were minor, though several were transported to Sentara Obici Hospital.
Both eastbound lanes were closed until wreckers cleared the vehicles from the roadway.
The road opened just before 12:30 p.m.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million