Carjacking of medical supplies van under investigation in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Police are currently investigating a carjacking that occurred Monday morning at approximately 7:45 a.m.
The incident reportedly involved a white Econoline van carrying medical supplies.
It happened in the 7900 block of Chesapeake Boulevard when the van arrived at Bayview Medical Center to make a delivery.
The victims were confronted by two armed suspects. They are described as black males wearing face guards, hoodies, and dark colored pants.
They fled in the victims’ van. No injuries were reported.
The van was recovered at approximately 12:15 p.m. in the 7900 block of Bison Avenue. Police say the vast majority of the contents of the can were recovered.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone who may have information on this incident or the suspects should call the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'