87-year-old woman medevaced from cruise ship near Ocracoke
Ocracoke, N.C. – Today, the Coast Guard medevaced an 87-year-old woman from a cruise ship near Ocracoke.
Crews on the Norwegian Breakaway told officials that the woman was in medical distress at around 11:30 a.m. on Monday.
The Coast Guard then launched an MH-60 Jayhawk Helicopter crew and a flight surgeon from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City.
They were able to hoist the woman and they transported her to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
She is now listed in stable condition.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales