87-year-old woman medevaced from cruise ship near Ocracoke
Ocracoke, N.C. – Today, the Coast Guard medevaced an 87-year-old woman from a cruise ship near Ocracoke.
Crews on the Norwegian Breakaway told officials that the woman was in medical distress at around 11:30 a.m. on Monday.
The Coast Guard then launched an MH-60 Jayhawk Helicopter crew and a flight surgeon from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City.
They were able to hoist the woman and they transported her to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
She is now listed in stable condition.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains