ECU student’s project shows deception in beauty campaign
GREENVILLE, N.C. — An East Carolina University student’s photo project shows just how deceptive altered images can be.
The Huffington Post reported that 24-year-old Anna Hill created the four images for her final project in an advanced digital photography class.
Once she finished the project, she shared the images on Reddit.com, where they caught the attention of several news outlets and blogs.
“I thought it would be fun to poke fun at how much beauty ads are overly manipulated,” she told the Huffington Post in an email. “They really are altered so much, they may as well be advertising Photoshop rather than the products they actually sell.”
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'