ECU student’s project shows deception in beauty campaign
GREENVILLE, N.C. — An East Carolina University student’s photo project shows just how deceptive altered images can be.
The Huffington Post reported that 24-year-old Anna Hill created the four images for her final project in an advanced digital photography class.
Once she finished the project, she shared the images on Reddit.com, where they caught the attention of several news outlets and blogs.
“I thought it would be fun to poke fun at how much beauty ads are overly manipulated,” she told the Huffington Post in an email. “They really are altered so much, they may as well be advertising Photoshop rather than the products they actually sell.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time