ECU student’s project shows deception in beauty campaign
GREENVILLE, N.C. — An East Carolina University student’s photo project shows just how deceptive altered images can be.
The Huffington Post reported that 24-year-old Anna Hill created the four images for her final project in an advanced digital photography class.
Once she finished the project, she shared the images on Reddit.com, where they caught the attention of several news outlets and blogs.
“I thought it would be fun to poke fun at how much beauty ads are overly manipulated,” she told the Huffington Post in an email. “They really are altered so much, they may as well be advertising Photoshop rather than the products they actually sell.”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations