Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
Comedian Tom Mabe decided to pull a prank on a friend and in the process teach him a lesson about drinking and driving.
He set up a fake hospital room along with actors playing doctors. The target of the prank, a friend of Mabe who allegedly has a drinking and driving problem, was put into the room after he apparently passed out from a drinking binge.
When he woke up, the man was told that he had been in a coma for 10 years. To help push the point home, a nurse turns on the TV showing a news report that Miley Cyrus is living in a trailer park, Justin Bieber married Dale Earnhardt Jr. and President Hillary Clinton was threatening to declare war on Canada.
Then a masked doctor comes into the room and starts doing tests. The doctor, who is actually Mabe, then slaps the man and berates him for his stupid behavior.
The friend appears relieved to know it was a prank. Mabe said he hopes the message, already viewed more than one million times in little more than 24 hours, hits home.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'