Peninsula Health District looking for pitbull that bit a citizen
Newport News, Va. – The Peninsula Health District needs your help to find a missing dog who they say bit someone on December 5th.
They say the dog is a male pitbull that has gray and white markings on his chest. He also has green eyes and responds to the name “Smokey.”
The dog was last seen near Ft. Eustis Blvd. and Jefferson Avenue in Newport News.
If the dog is not located, officials say the person who was bitten may have to undergo exposure treatment for the prevention of rabies.
If you’ve seen this dog, please call the Peninsula Health District at 757-594-7340.
If it is after hours, please call 757-595-7387.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom