UPDATE: Man arrested after fleeing from police car in Chesapeake
UPDATE: Melvin Vaughn was arrested on Friday, January 10, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. without incident in the 1500 block of Berkley Avenue in Norfolk. He is charged with Petit Larceny, Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana, and Felony Escape. Vaughn is currently being held in the Chesapeake City Jail without bond.
Chesapeake Police say they are looking for a 46-year-old man who they say fled from a police vehicle after being taken into custody.
Police say Melvin Vaughn was arrested December 7th during a routine traffic stop for petit larceny and possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
While the officer was tending to Vaughn’s vehicle, Vaughn was able to escape from the police car through the window.
He is currently wanted for the original charges and an additional charge of Escaped Prisoner.
If anyone has information about Vaughn, they’re encouraged to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen