Holly Days Parade in Hampton canceled due to weather
Hampton, Va. – The streets of Downtown Hampton are dry now and lined with happy holiday banners to boot, but with the threat of the annual Holly Days Parade along Settlers Landing Road being a total washout Saturday night, the city has decided to cancel the parade thanks to that rainy forecast.
It`s a letdown for small businesses that line the parade route downtown.
Betty Lewis owns a boutique and she had been planning to stay open later Saturday night in the hopes of encouraging additional foot traffic to her store.The cancellation is a disappointment.
“Well, it is. I mean, a lot of people were looking forward to it,” says Lewis.
Even with the parade a no-go, other planned events in Hampton will go on so Lewis will still stay open and either way…
“You know, you take it as it comes and we are still going to have a great Christmas,” says Lewis.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified