Police identify man killed in Newport News shooting
Newport News, Virginia – Police say 20-year-old Jamek Renal Herbert of Newport News was shot to death while walking with another man in the 700 block of 33rd Street.
Several 911 calls were made around 10:42pm about gunshots heard in the area. Police say the call was upgraded to a shooting as officers were en route.
Police arrived to find Herbert lying in the street suffering from gunshot wounds to the upper body. He was pronounced deceased at the scene.
As Herbert and the man were walking, they heard gunshots and Herbert was shot.
At this time, detectives have not determined a motive or suspect description.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend