Antares rocket launch now scheduled for December 18th from Wallops
Orbital Sciences has announced that the launch date for the next Antares mission has been pushed back one day to the evening of December 18.
The mission will be the company’s first operational resupply mission to the International Space Station under the Commercial Resupply Services (CRS) contract.
In the next several days, the Antares rocket will be installed on the transporter/erector/launcher vehicle and the Cygnus spacecraft will be placed in the upper stage of the rocket.
The launch window on December 18th is from 9:42 to 9:47 p.m.
NewsChannel 3 will stream the launch LIVE on WTKR.com.
Launch viewing maps:
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship