Electrical fire displaces Suffolk family

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

photo courtesy of City of Suffolk

Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Fire and Rescue responded to a call at 8:28PM about a structure fire in the 300 block of Surburban Drive.

Fire and Rescue personnel arrived to the scene at 8:34PM. Once there, rescuers found an electrical fire in the bedroom of the single story residence. The fire was under control by 8:45PM.

One adult and two children were at the home at the time of the fire. The residents have been displaced until electrical power can be returned to the home. American Red Cross is assisting the family.

No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical issue in the home.