Community organizers hold holiday shopping spree for families
Virginia Beach, Va. – Christmas came a little early for hundreds of kids and their parents.
Parents of more than 500 kids got a holiday shopping spree. They selected clothes and toys from nearly 11-hundred donations collected by Wave Church volunteers.
Wave City Cares, non-profit organization worked along with Lynnhaven Middle School to put on this holiday extravaganza. This is the second year Wave City Cares and Lynnhaven Middle School have partnered up for the vent.
Social workers and school counselors worked with families to find students who’d benefit the most the event.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains