Community organizers hold holiday shopping spree for families
Virginia Beach, Va. – Christmas came a little early for hundreds of kids and their parents.
Parents of more than 500 kids got a holiday shopping spree. They selected clothes and toys from nearly 11-hundred donations collected by Wave Church volunteers.
Wave City Cares, non-profit organization worked along with Lynnhaven Middle School to put on this holiday extravaganza. This is the second year Wave City Cares and Lynnhaven Middle School have partnered up for the vent.
Social workers and school counselors worked with families to find students who’d benefit the most the event.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom