Crews investigate meth lab after fire at Oceanfront motel
Virginia Beach Fire crews are currently investigating after materials for making meth were discovered after a fire in a Travel Lodge Motel at the Oceanfront.
Fire crews responded to the fire at the motel in the 1900 block of Atlantic Avenue around 10:45 a.m.
After extinguishing the fire, they found materials that are normally used for making meth.
Once the scene was determined to be safe, crews removed the chemicals and byproducts.
This case is still under investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom