Driver killed by gunshot wound to the head in Accomack County
Virginia State Police are investigating after they found the driver of a vehicle dead from a gunshot wound to the head after the vehicle had struck a house in Parksley.
Police say they received a call reporting that the vehicle had struck the house in the 27000 block of Gargantha Landing Road at 10:44 p.m. Thursday night.
Troopers responded to find the driver, identified as 35-year-old Steven Pettit, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.
The Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigations was called to the scene to assist in the criminal investigation.
This is being considered an active homicide investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified