Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
There are new details in a NewsChannel 3 investigation into the death of 21-year-old Chris Pardee.
His friend was supposed to go on trial on Tuesday for stealing Chris’ expensive camera, but now that friend is a fugitive.
“I don`t want anybody else to ever go through something like this again,” says Chris’ mother, Diane.
Diane Pardee has been through a lot this year. Her son Chris died in June in what police called a car-surfing accident. But she’s convinced the young friends with Chris that night aren’t telling her, or police, the full story. And one of them, Erin Robertson, is charged with stealing from Chris as Chris was near death.
Today, Erin was supposed to go on trial for taking Chris’ $3,000 camera and trying to pawn it. Prosecutors have video of that, and they gathering the online videos that Erin and Chris posted in the days leading up to Chris’ death.
Today’s camera-theft case was delayed. However, Erin was also supposed to be in court for another trial yesterday, and court clerks say he didn’t show up. A judge has issued an arrest warrant. The theft case is now scheduled for next week. Diane is hoping that the trial might give her a better idea what happened that night to her only son.
Prosecutors subpoena online videos after fatal crash
Police collect what could be compelling evidence in Beach man’s death
Beach police admit possible mistake as grieving mother seeks answers in son’s death
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found