19-year-old woman accused of shooting mother to death in Chesapeake arraigned in court
Chesapeake, Va. – Police are investigating after a daughter reportedly shot her mother to death in their Indian River home.
The initial call about the shooting in the 600 block of Osborn Ave. came in just before 4am Friday morning.
Officers arrived to find 58-year-old Susan Lee Hutson shot to death. Her daughter, 19-year-old Rachel Leigh Hutson, was arrested and has been charged with first degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Both women lived at the residence.
There’s still no word from police on exactly what led up to the shooting.
Neighbors told NewsChannel 3 they never saw it coming and the Hutsons seemed like a happy family.
“Everything looked OK. They were always out there having a good time. They stayed to themselves. I never saw anything unusual,” a neighbor says.
NewsChannel 3 will post more updates as they become available.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach