Two dogs rescued from Newport News townhouse fire

Newport News, VA. – Two dogs were rescued after a townhouse in Newport News caught fire Thursday evening.

Firefighters responded to the 500 block of Bulkley Place just before 9 p.m. after a neighbor heard a smoke detector from a nearby residence. Firefighters arrived on scene minutes later and found smoke coming from the front of the townhouse.

While putting out the fire, the two dogs were found and taken out safely. No one was home at the time and the fire was put out shortly afterwards.

Two people and one child are displaced.

Firefighters have determined the cause of the fire to be electrical in nature.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 18,066 other followers