Barbara Ciara opens up about her career experiences through the years as a woman
NewsChannel 3′s Barbara Ciara is opening up about her early experiences as a woman in the news business.
Much like Anchorman’s Veronica Corningstone, Barbara worked her way into a newsroom and began a career in what was an all-male landscape.
She dealt with the jokes, the comments and still managed to prove many of her male counterparts wrong. But that’s where the similarities stop.
Her early days were rarely funny.
And as she explained, some still sting.
“They put yet another reporter, a male, on the story. It broke my heart. It literally broke my heart. And it was one of those moments. Was it my ability to cover the story or was it my gender? I question that even today,” says Barbara during the interview.
We will find out more about that assignment and about Barbara’s joy in her triumphs Wednesday at 5. While we know she becomes a legend, it’s a journey you won’t want to miss.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified