Photos: Crews remove propellers from USS Dwight D. Eisenhower
Portsmouth, Va. – Workers at Norfolk Naval Shipyard removed the propellers (screws) and shafts from the aircraft carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower this week for scheduled refurbishing. Here’s a rare look at what it takes to remove a single screw before the work is done.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery