Coast Guard helps to release over 50 endangered sea turtles
On Friday, more than 50 endangered sea turtles returned to the ocean near Beaufort Inlet, N.C. with the help of the Coast Guard Cutter Block and the North Carolina Wildlife Commission.
17 juvenile loggerhead and green turtles and 39 loggerhead hatchlings were released into the waters of the Gulf Stream. One of the loggerheads weighed 130 pounds! Crews will continue to monitor the turtles in the wild with the help of transmitters.Submit Your Photo
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales