Coast Guard helps to release over 50 endangered sea turtles
On Friday, more than 50 endangered sea turtles returned to the ocean near Beaufort Inlet, N.C. with the help of the Coast Guard Cutter Block and the North Carolina Wildlife Commission.
17 juvenile loggerhead and green turtles and 39 loggerhead hatchlings were released into the waters of the Gulf Stream. One of the loggerheads weighed 130 pounds! Crews will continue to monitor the turtles in the wild with the help of transmitters.Submit Your Photo
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found