Chesapeake barricade situation ends peacefully
Chesapeake Police have one man in custody after he barricaded himself inside an apartment in the 2900 block of Fireside Road after fleeing from a traffic stop.
Hodges fled from the traffic stop on foot and entered the apartment. The apartment does not belong to Hodges but he does know the residents.
No hostages were involved.
Police say he was wanted on probation violations in Chesapeake and Portsmouth.
He was taken into custody around 2:15 p.m. after surrendering peacefully.
NewsChannel 3′s Todd Corillo was on scene as negotiators made contact with him.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery