Traffic stop yields drug seizure, arrest in Poquoson
Poquoson, Va. – A 30-year-old man was arrested Tuesday in Poquoson after being caught with illegal drugs during a traffic stop.
The officer found out Tuttle was driving on a suspended license and placed him under arrest.
Before the vehicle was towed, the officer searched it and found 96 clear plastic bags containing a white powder believed to be heroin.
The suspected heroin, valued at approximately $1,920 was seized as evidence.
A small amount of the prescription drug Suboxone was also discovered.
Tuttle has been charged with Possession with the Intent to Distribute – Heroin (felony), Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance without a Valid Prescription – Suboxone (misdemeanor), Driving a Motor Vehicle after Driver’s License has been Revoked for an Alcohol-Related Offense (misdemeanor), and Speeding 49 mph in a posted 35 mph zone (radar).
He has been transported to the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail where he is being held without bond.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery