UPDATE: Three Navy sailors charged in mob attack of ODU student appear in court
UPDATE: Chistopher Osborne and Dache Livermon are due back in court on December 3. Devon Brown is due back in court on January 14. Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
Norfolk, Va. - On Wednesday, three Navy sailors are due in court, charged in connection with what police are calling a mob attack and robbery attempt on an ODU student.
Police say the student was walking on campus at night, when several men approached him, hit him in the face, pinned him down, and tried to steal his wallet.
Investigators believe the attack was motivated by race.
ODU officials say the victim was white, and the attackers made several inflammatory statements.
Police believe David Keonte and Navy sailor, Christopher Osborne, were two of the men involved.
They say the other two sailors, Dache Livermon Jr., and Devon Brown, were not a part of the attack, but are accused of making false statements and being an accessory after the fact.
Osborne, Livermon, and Brown are due in court this morning.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery