Police looking for suspect after larceny, car chase from Portsmouth to Chesapeake
Police are looking for a man who fled after a larceny and car chase on Wednesday morning.
Portsmouth Police say officers responded to a larceny report at the Dollar General in the 2800 block of Airline Boulevard at 10:09 a.m.
The officers discovered that the suspect had left the scene in a maroon sedan.
A vehicle matching the description was located in the area and officers attempted to initiate a traffic stop.
The vehicle, with two occupants, fled the area and entered the City of Chesapeake, before stopping near Gilmerton Road and Canal Drive.
The female driver was taken into custody, but the male passenger ran from the scene.
Officers are still attempting to locate him.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen