Chesapeake deputy accused of sexually assaulting two minors in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 42-year-old Chesapeake deputy has been accused of sexually assaulting two minors in Virginia Beach.
According to court documents, the crimes happened between February 1983 and February 1984. They say the two victims were in his care at the time.
They say the suspect is Keith James Pitman, 42, of the 4200 block of MacArthur Road. He has now been charged with two counts of forcible sodomy and aggravated sexual battery.
Pitman would have been about 12-years-old at the time of the crimes.
He is now being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
The Chesapeake Sheriff’s Office released the following statement:
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013, Deputy Keith Pitman was arrested on charges from Virginia Beach. Deputy Pitman has been employed with the Chesapeake Sheriff’s Office for approximately the past 15 ½ years and was assigned to the Court Security Section of the Office. Due to the pending criminal matter, Deputy Pitman has been placed on administrative suspension.
Pitman was arraigned in a Virginia Beach court on Thursday. His bond hearing is set for Friday.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery