Pile driving begins for Norfolk approach to new Midtown Tunnel
Pile driving for the construction of the Norfolk approach to the new Midtown tunnel begins this week, Elizabeth River Tunnels Project team announced Tuesday.
Crews will begin driving precast concrete piles that range from 18″ to 24″ square and up to 85 feet long.
Nearby residents and businesses may see and/or hear the operations.
Work hours are Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from now through early Spring.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom