OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES:
1. Promotion. Unless otherwise specified, contests are sponsored by WTKR-TV News 3 and/or WGNT CW27 (The Station), 720 Boush Street Norfolk, VA 23510.
2. Eligibility: Winners are subject to a verification process to include winner’s name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number and social security number. If a winner is disqualified, The Station reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Only one (1) prize will be won per household per 30 days. Contest winners will be eligible to enter additional contests 30 days after winning. Employees of The Station, the contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. How to Enter. Entry into The Stations contests vary for each promotion. Some options include, but are not limited to, texting, on-line entries and call ins. The Station reserves the right to modify how entrants may enter. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. The Station is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Station, telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual shall be determined by The Station. The Station reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). Prizes vary. If the prize is more the $599, a W9 will be required by the winner and the winner will be expected to pay taxes on their winnings when applicable. The winner will receive a 1099 form the following year.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. For texting and on-line entries, the winners may be automatically picked by a computer or manually chosen by a Station representation. Winners are required to pick up their prize from The Station, unless otherwise state.
6. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Delivery Disclaimer: The Station disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Station is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification showing proof of age is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Daily Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature.
9. Release; Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against The Station, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by The Station. By accepting a prize, winner consents to use of name, state of residence and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online and in print, or in any other media worldwide in connection with the Contest, without limitation and without additional compensation worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases The Station, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
11. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by The Station. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by The Station are final and binding. The Station reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
12. Miscellaneous: Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign The Station’s release form to claim the prize. The Station may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station. The Station disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
13. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: William Varnier, c/o WTKR-TV3 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510. Written copies of these rules are also available during normal business hours at the business offices of The Station located at 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510. Contest rules are also available on our website, www.wtkr.com. All entries become the property of The Station and will not be returned.
14. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.