UPDATE: Two accused in deadly Virginia Beach shooting indicted
Left: Jordan Diangelo Champion. Right: Daushawn Latrez Newton
Update: Two men accused in a deadly Virginia Beach shooting have been indicted.
Jordan Diangelo Champion, 20, and Dau-Shawn Latrez Newton were both indicted for 2nd degree murder, use of a firearm.
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 20-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Virginia Beach.
Calls about gunshots in the area came in to 911 just after 9 p.m.
Police responded to the scene in the 5900 block of Edgelake Drive near the intersection of Clear Springs Road. This is in the Level Green area of the city.
An officer arrived and found 20-year-old Kristopher Daniel Lee behind the 5900 block of Clear springs Court, suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
On November 7, 2013, police arrested 20-year-old Jordan Diangelo hampion of the 6000 block of Clear Springs Road in Virginia Beach. He is charged with First Degree Murder, Use of a Firearm, and Conspiracy to Commit Murder. He is being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
Police have also arrested 20-year-old Dau-Shawn Latrez Newton of the 1300 block of Glyndon Drive in Virginia Beach. Newton was arrested on November 13, 2013. He is charged with Second Degree Murder and Use of a Firearm. Newton is being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel