Traffic stops scheduled on Oyster Point Road
Newport News, Va. – Beginning Sunday, Nov. 17, crews with American Infrastructure-Virginia, Inc, a VDOT contractor, will transport 22 concrete precast girders to the Middle Ground Boulevard Widening project site.
The girders will be erected to form the new bridge over the CSX railroad tracks. To allow for this work, there will be multiple brief traffic stops of up to 15 minutes at a time on Oyster Point Road starting Sunday, Nov. 17, at 9 p.m., and continuing until 1 a.m. the following morning. The work will continue each night through Thursday, Nov. 21, weather conditions permitting.
Also, on Sunday, Nov. 17, through Thursday, Nov. 21, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., Nettles Drive will be closed to through traffic in both directions at Peninsula Memorial Park Cemetery. Variable message boards will be posted to alert motorists of the delays and alternate routes.
Motorists are advised to use an alternate route and are urged to use extreme caution if they must travel in this area.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom