Newport News teen shot in apparent drug deal gone bad
A 17-year-old boy was shot in the leg Wednesday night during a drug deal gone bad, according to Newport News Police.
Police say officers were called to the first block of Adams Drive around 7:15 p.m. Wednesday night and found the 17-year-old in the street with a gunshot wound to the leg.
Two other males had met the boy and words were exchanged. Multiple shots were fired and the boy was shot. The two other males left the scene.
The 17-year-old was taken to the hospital.
A possible suspect has been identified. The investigation is ongoing.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found