Newport News teen shot in apparent drug deal gone bad
A 17-year-old boy was shot in the leg Wednesday night during a drug deal gone bad, according to Newport News Police.
Police say officers were called to the first block of Adams Drive around 7:15 p.m. Wednesday night and found the 17-year-old in the street with a gunshot wound to the leg.
Two other males had met the boy and words were exchanged. Multiple shots were fired and the boy was shot. The two other males left the scene.
The 17-year-old was taken to the hospital.
A possible suspect has been identified. The investigation is ongoing.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom