Newport News teen shot in apparent drug deal gone bad
A 17-year-old boy was shot in the leg Wednesday night during a drug deal gone bad, according to Newport News Police.
Police say officers were called to the first block of Adams Drive around 7:15 p.m. Wednesday night and found the 17-year-old in the street with a gunshot wound to the leg.
Two other males had met the boy and words were exchanged. Multiple shots were fired and the boy was shot. The two other males left the scene.
The 17-year-old was taken to the hospital.
A possible suspect has been identified. The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'