UPDATE: Man dies after Beach construction site accident, victim identified
Update: The victim has been identified as 49-year-old Antonio Reid of the 3200 block of Yellow Pine Crescent in Chesapeake.
Virginia Beach, Va. – A man has died as a result of an accident at a construction site on Nimmo Parkway in Virginia Beach, police tell NewsChannel 3.
He has now been identified as 49-year-old Antonio Reid of Chesapeake.
It happened at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday, November 13, 2013, in the 900 block of Nimmo Parkway.
According to Virginia Beach police, Reid was in cardiac arrest due to a significant trauma. CPR was administered by co-workers on the scene. They say he was hit by a piece of equipment. When crews arrived, it was determined that “the patient’s injuries were not conducive to life.” He was pronounced dead at 8:28 a.m.
The incident is now being investigated by police.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 as more details are available.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen