Freeze warning in effect from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m.
A freeze warning is in effect from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2013, according to the National Weather Service.
Areas affected include Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Accomack County, Northampton (VA), Pasquotank, Camden, and inland Currituck.
Temperature…upper 20s to lower 30s away from the beaches late tonight.
Impacts…lingering crops and other temperature sensitive vegetation will be damaged or killed.
Precautionary/preparedness actions…a freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom