Father arrested, charged in crash that killed 12-year-old daughter
The driver of the vehicle that crashed and killed his 12-year-old daughter in October has been arrested and charged.
Virginia State Police say Tony Sledge has been charged with Involuntary Manslaughter DUI related, multiple counts of assault; maiming another while DUI, and 3 counts of abuse/neglect of a child causing serious injury.
Police say Sledge was driving a 2007 Chevy Impala on northbound on Route 258 on October 26th at 11:32 a.m.
He was speeding and attempted to make an unsafe lane change when he lost control and flipped over several times.
The Impala was occupied by Sledge, the front seat passenger, Monique Boone, and five children ranging in age from 12 to 5 years of age.
Tonashea Sledge, his daughter, died at the scene.
The driver and passengers were all taken to area hospitals for treatment.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home