Norfolk Sentara Leigh Hospital debuts new east tower
Norfolk, Va. – New technology was on display today at Sentara Leigh Hospital as they get ready to open a new tower to patients.
An open house was held at the new east tower. This event marks the first of two towers that will replace the 1970s era patient wings. It will be open to patients next weekend.
The east tower is also the site of the largest clinical trial being conducted for copper-infused materials which are designed to fight infection. It’s being used in things like counter-tops and linens throughout the hospital.
Sentara is working with Cupron, the company behind the product, to study the anti-microbial products starting in January.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom