Hampton Roads locals take action to help typhoon Haiyan victims
Virginia Beach, Va. – People in Hampton Roads are taking action to help families affected by typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
A benefit concert was hosted by the Filipino Cultural Center in Virginia Beach to raise money earlier this evening.
Along with a choir, there were individual performances as well. There was also a moment of silence held for the thousands of victims overseas.
Organizers and supporters at the event said they will do what it takes to continue to raise awareness and support for individuals devastated by this storm.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight