Hampton Roads locals take action to help typhoon Haiyan victims
Virginia Beach, Va. – People in Hampton Roads are taking action to help families affected by typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
A benefit concert was hosted by the Filipino Cultural Center in Virginia Beach to raise money earlier this evening.
Along with a choir, there were individual performances as well. There was also a moment of silence held for the thousands of victims overseas.
Organizers and supporters at the event said they will do what it takes to continue to raise awareness and support for individuals devastated by this storm.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave