Virginia Beach teacher arrested on drug charges
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Virginia Beach teacher has been arrested on drug charges following a narcotics investigation at Tallwood High School on Tuesday.
Virginia Beach Police say 40-year-old Christopher James Brydge has been charged with possession with the intent to distribute marijuana, sale of narcotics on or near school property, and possession of a controlled substance.
School administrators notified the School Resource Officer after suspecting that the teacher was in possession of illegal drugs.
The officer conducted a preliminary investigation and requested the assistance of narcotic detectives with the Virginia Beach Police Special Investigations Unit.
Brydge has been released on bond. He has resigned from his position with Virginia Beach City Public Schools.
He had been teaching at Tallwood for 13 years.
Right now, police say there’s no evidence that he sold any drugs to students or on the school campus.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million