Botched test causes drivers to get inappropriate messages from NCDOT
Obamacare caused issues today on North Carolina roads. Well, sort of.
NCDOT says six erroneous and inappropriate messages were sent out to drivers.
The computer system sends out emails and tweets. One of the messages indicated that there had been an accident on a Raleigh Freeway.
Under the subject, vehicle accident, it says, “women drivers, rain and Obamacare.”
NCDOT officials contacted NewsChannel 3 and said this happened because of a botched test.
The system was being worked on and messages were only supposed to be seen internally.
We’re told the contractor didn’t follow protocol and the alerts were sent to the public by mistake.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean