Local musicians honoring a Virginia Beach legend
Local musicians this week are honoring a Virginia Beach legend.
Michael “Elwood” Overcash, a Virginia Beach guitarist and songwriter for more than 30 years, died last week at the age of 50.
Overcash played in several bands but was best known as a founding member of the iconic 1980s Virginia Beach band “Locals Only.”
That band released four albums and toured East Coast colleges. The group briefly reunited for a series of shows last year.
Local musicians and fans will honor Overcash at his memorial Thursday.
Family and friends say Overcash took his own life. They ask that memorial donations be made to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.Submit Your Photo
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend